Cf. Balzer, Untersuchungen, p. 93. It is mentioned in an episcopal confirmation document from 1183, in which the monastery claims ownership rights to the entire course of the Riembeke.
 Cf. Balzer, Untersuchungen, p. 92.
 The intention behind laying down the mill buildings was presumably to ensure a clear field of fire; a preventive military measure that was quite common in the Thirty Years’ War.
 Cf. Balzer, Untersuchungen, p. 90f., note 189.
 A report from the Paderborn court chamber, which its councillors wrote to Clemens August in June 1731, states that the old oil mill was located „in front of Neuhauß“. This probably refers to the peripheral location of the princely mills at the Paderborn gate, which lay in the southern border area to the bourgeois core development of Neuhaus. This is supported by the fact that, according to the reporters, the oil mill was considered „dangerously situated“ because its proximity to „the surrounding houses could cause a dangerous conflagration“. LA Münster, Fürstbistum Pb, Hofkammer, No. 744, fol. 33r. The Neuhaus „Amtsprotokoll“ (official protocol), which documents the auction of the mill building site in July 1731, shows that the ruinous oil mill and the princely grist mill had apparently used the same dam at the Paderborn „Torbrücke“ (gate bridge). Engineer and court builder Nagel reminded the chamber councillor and „Rentmeister“ Schnur of this by insisting: When selling the site, care should be taken that „because of the ‚floethwerck‘ from the turnpike onwards, the complete wall to the princely grist mill must be reserved“. Cf. extract from the minutes of the auction, 21 July 1731, LA Münster, Fürstbistum Pb, Hofkammer, No. 744, fol. 39r.
 Cf. Ämterrechnungen Neuhaus (1672/73), LA Münster, Fürstbistum Pb, Hofkammer, Nr. 1081, fol. 63v.
 Cf. „Unterthänigster Bericht“ of the Paderborn „Hofkammer“ (court chamber) to Fürstbischof (prince-bishop) Clemens August, 12 June 1731. LA Münster, Fürstbistum Pb, Hofkammer, Nr. 744, fol. 33r-34v.
 Cf. Bünninghausens „Memorial“ to the „Hofkammer“, 2 July 1731. LA Münster, Fürstbistum Pb, Hofkammer, Nr. 744, fol. 35r-36v.
 Cf. Memorial of the tenant Henrich Rinschen to „Kammerrat“ (chamber councillor) Freiherrn von Drenke, 13 August 1731. LA Münster, Fürstbistum Pb, Hofkammer, Nr. 744, fol. 41r-42v.
 Report by F. Chr. Nagel to the „Hofkammer“, Neuhaus 10 August 1732. LA Münster, Fürstbistum Pb, Hofkammer, Nr. 744, fol. 78r.